Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Photo Project

I was inspired for this project by a guest speaker, Julianne Kost, who spoke the last week of photography school. Her job requires her to fly a lot and she is afraid of flying. She created a project for herself to always have a window seat and take photos out the airplane window. She published a book a couple of years ago, Window Seat and her images were beautiful.

Saturday I was up early and flew to Wichita to stay with my cousins for a week and then spend some time with friends and family in the area.

On my first flight to Minneapolis, I took out my camera,(handily in my carry on because I needed to carry on all of my electronics), and snapped a few photos. It really was beautiful. Here are a few of my favorites.

The second one is fun because I snapped it just after the pilot told us we were passing over Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I looked out my window and noticed the steam coming up from the geysers and hot springs in Yellowstone National Park.

The moving walk way photo was inspired by an image that was in our print lab all summer of these same walk ways. Mine isn't quite as fun, but it made me smile.

1 comment:

rubyslipperlady said...

Have so much fun in KS and tell everyone hey from Kenya for me!